The following are frequently asked questions about the National Leadership and Skills Conference.
Registration Fee and Name Badges
Registration for the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference is $140 for all participating individuals and guests. This fee includes name badge, lanyard, program, SkillsUSA Night ticket, bus transportation schedule, and entrance to all conference events and Awards and Recognition booklet. No individual tickets are sold for the Opening Ceremony on Tuesday, June 23. Tickets to the awards session on Friday, June 26, are available for $10 each on a limited basis. Purchase them at SkillsUSA Headquarters in KEC by Friday, June 26, at 4 p.m. Also, individual tickets for SkillsUSA Night on Thursday, June 25, may be purchased in our headquarters in KEC for $20. Note: The conference name badge is your entry to all functions and must be worn at all times. If a badge is lost, please report to room our headquarters in KEC for a replacement.
Your state association director will be given all state registration information and material. Conference participants need to obtain this material (items such as your name badge, program and conference information) from the state association director at the designated state meeting time.
Directions to KEC
- Tuesday, June 23 at 7 p.m.
- There are no tickets for the Opening Ceremonies on Tuesday – you must be a registered participant. (the cost to register for the conference is $140).
The entire opening ceremony will be broadcast live via Internet. Details are available here.
The contest floor will be open to the public beginning on Tuesday June 23rd from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. During this time, there will be orientations going on and a few preliminary contest events.
Wednesday June 24th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Limited competition will begin.
Thursday June 25th all competitions begin at 8 a.m. They will close promptly at 5 p.m.
See official program for exact times and details
Admission is free and open to the public at the times listed above. No access will be allowed to anyone other than credentialed personnel prior to the start times listed.
- It takes place Thursday, June 25 at Kentucky Kingdom, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Tickets cost for non-registered attendees: $20
- Kentucky Kingdom’s website
- Watch a short video about Kentucky Kingdom attractions:
- Friday, June 26 at 6 p.m.
- Tickets cost $10. There is no charge for children age 10 and under.
- To purchase tickets go to Room E1 East Wing. Times will be posted outside the door.
- You can also purchase tickets at the door.
- The entire awards ceremony will be broadcast live via Internet. Details are available here.
What’s the phone number for my child’s hotel?
A complete hotel listing can be found here.