Interest in SkillsUSA is growing rapidly in the middle school community and activities at the middle school level have been proven to be very successful. A Guide to SkillsUSA in Middle Schools has been developed to assist middle school teachers and students.
Exploring Possibilities, Building Success
Everything you need for your journey to starting a SkillsUSA Middle School Chapter is here:
- Guide to Starting a Middle School Chapter
- Brochure: Starting a Middle School Chapter
- Exploring Possibilities Powerpoint for Teachers
- Exploring Possibilities Powerpoint for Parents, Administrators and Community Members
Steps to Establishing a Successful Middle School Chapter
Step 1 – Secure support from your school administrator.
- Guide for Administrator Meetings
- Outline and Talking Points for Administrator Meeting
- Administrator flier
Step 2 – Connect to your state SkillsUSA director.
Step 3 – Incorporate SkillsUSA into your classroom.
Step 4 – Create excitement and awareness by showing students the SkillsUSA kickoff video.
Step 5 – Select your first meeting date and advertise the meeting.
Step 6 – Hold officer elections, select committee chairs, and dive into the program of work.
Step 7 – Introduce the Chapter Excellence Program
Step 8 – Show the SkillsUSA membership PowerPoint presentation during an open house, faculty meeting or parent orientation.
Step 9 – Include administration in your early chapter success.
Step 10 – Register yourself and your students as members of SkillsUSA!